PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kodak T-Max P3200 film development (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=283)

ian green March 15th 04 07:28 PM

Kodak T-Max P3200 film development

hi

in the end of this month i'll be able to do some photo journalism.
i suppose that conditions will be far from ideal.
so i have some time to test kodak t-max p3200 film.
inside the film box i've found development times table.
so my question is:
what kind of developer can you suggest to use?
should i process it in common d76 or do try xtol?
xtol is totally new for me
and i've never heard of hc110(b).

thank you

ian green
Xeto : photo & graphic project
http://xeto.front.ru
..

BertS March 16th 04 12:56 AM

ian green wrote:

hi

in the end of this month i'll be able to do some photo journalism.
i suppose that conditions will be far from ideal.
so i have some time to test kodak t-max p3200 film.
inside the film box i've found development times table.
so my question is:
what kind of developer can you suggest to use?
should i process it in common d76 or do try xtol?
xtol is totally new for me
and i've never heard of hc110(b).

thank you

ian green
Xeto : photo & graphic project
http://xeto.front.ru
.

My limited experience with P3200 gave me some nice negatives with D76 1:1, 15
minutes at 75 degrees. The conditions were less than ideal. It was a tae kwan
do competition with poor lighting and I needed the speed. No flash allowed.

Bert

wkg March 16th 04 12:30 PM

Użytkownik "ian green" napisał w wiadomości
hi

in the end of this month i'll be able to do some photo journalism.
i suppose that conditions will be far from ideal.
so i have some time to test kodak t-max p3200 film.
inside the film box i've found development times table.
so my question is:
what kind of developer can you suggest to use?
should i process it in common d76 or do try xtol?
xtol is totally new for me
and i've never heard of hc110(b).

thank you

I have developed it in ID-11 stock ( Ilford version of d76 ) and in TMAX
..... always 10% longer then kodak suggested.

http://www.plfoto.com/zdjecie.php?picture=182984
http://www.plfoto.com/zdjecie.php?picture=185899
http://www.plfoto.com/zdjecie.php?picture=184425

I am happy with the results. Copied on filter 3 - 3.5 , condensor enlarger.

Regards
wkg

bob March 16th 04 02:19 PM

Kodak T-Max P3200 film development

"ian green" wrote in news:c35cta$244gh3$1
@ID-210116.news.uni-berlin.de:

hi

in the end of this month i'll be able to do some photo journalism.
i suppose that conditions will be far from ideal.
so i have some time to test kodak t-max p3200 film.
inside the film box i've found development times table.
so my question is:
what kind of developer can you suggest to use?
should i process it in common d76 or do try xtol?
xtol is totally new for me
and i've never heard of hc110(b).

I've had the best results using p3200 with tmax developer. I follow the
suggested times and temperatures, and it works pretty well. It's a fun
film. I've used it for handheld shots by streetlight and things like that.

Bob

ian green March 17th 04 12:03 AM

Kodak T-Max P3200 film development

"wkg" : ...

Użytkownik "ian green" napisał w

wiadomości

so i have some time to test kodak t-max p3200 film.
what kind of developer can you suggest to use?

I have developed it in ID-11 stock ( Ilford version of d76 ) and in TMAX
.... always 10% longer then kodak suggested.

http://www.plfoto.com/zdjecie.php?picture=182984
http://www.plfoto.com/zdjecie.php?picture=185899
http://www.plfoto.com/zdjecie.php?picture=184425

thank you
checked your photos & admired portrait & railway station
it seems so that this 3200 film is the thing i should use

--

ian green
Xeto : photo & graphic project

Philippe Lauwers March 17th 04 07:31 PM

Kodak T-Max P3200 film development

It's a fun film.
I've used it for handheld shots by streetlight ...

Bob

So have I (but I used the 135 format). I rated it @ 6400 ISO, and developed
it in straight D76 @ 20°C for 15 1/2 minutes.
I liked the grain when printed on 30*40 cm paper.

It depends on what you're going to be making pictures of, but rated @ 1600
ISO it's supposed to give better results then TMY pushed to 1600 ISO.
Haven't tried it yet, but probably there's someone out there, somewhere, who
has ...

Actually, the fun thing about this film is having people look at you wearily
when walking around with your camera ;-)