PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Fuji's Moving Away From Retro (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131171)

android February 9th 18 01:34 PM

Fuji's Moving Away From Retro

The new X-H1 has an oled display instead of an exposure compensation dial.

https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-first-fujifilm-x-h1-images/
--
teleportation kills

newshound February 9th 18 03:25 PM

On 09/02/2018 12:34, android wrote:
The new X-H1 has an oled display instead of an exposure compensation dial.

https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-first-fujifilm-x-h1-images/

I think I would rather have a compensation dial than an ISO one.

Savageduck[_3_] February 9th 18 04:45 PM

newshound wrote:
On 09/02/2018 12:34, android wrote:
The new X-H1 has an oled display instead of an exposure compensation dial.

https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-first-fujifilm-x-h1-images/

I think I would rather have a compensation dial than an ISO one.

That is only the X-H1, which is intended primarily as a video machine, not
a still photographer’s camera. The X-H1 is not a new X-T2.

The X-T3, like the X-Pro2, X-T2, and X-E3 will retain the exposure comp
dial. The X-Pro, and X-T families will continue to have an ISO , shutter
speed, and comp dials.

The X-T3 will likely have a BIS sensor which should bring improvements to
performance.

Savageduck

PeterN[_7_] February 9th 18 05:25 PM

On 2/9/2018 10:45 AM, Savageduck wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 09/02/2018 12:34, android wrote:
The new X-H1 has an oled display instead of an exposure compensation dial.

https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-first-fujifilm-x-h1-images/

I think I would rather have a compensation dial than an ISO one.

That is only the X-H1, which is intended primarily as a video machine, not
a still photographer’s camera. The X-H1 is not a new X-T2.

The X-T3, like the X-Pro2, X-T2, and X-E3 will retain the exposure comp
dial. The X-Pro, and X-T families will continue to have an ISO , shutter
speed, and comp dials.

The X-T3 will likely have a BIS sensor which should bring improvements to
performance.

Thought you were leaving. Have a great trip. If you're going to
Capetown, bring your own water.
http://www.news18.com/news/world/out-of-water-cape-town-will-turn-off-the-taps-on-day-zero-1654189.html

--
PeterN

Savageduck[_3_] February 9th 18 07:21 PM

newshound wrote:
On 09/02/2018 12:34, android wrote:
The new X-H1 has an oled display instead of an exposure compensation dial.

https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-first-fujifilm-x-h1-images/

I think I would rather have a compensation dial than an ISO one.

That is only the X-H1, which is intended primarily as a video machine, not
a still photographer’s camera. The X-H1 is not a new X-T2.

The X-T3, like the X-Pro2, X-T2, and X-E3 will retain the exposure comp
dial. The X-Pro, and X-T families will continue to have an ISO , shutter
speed, and comp dials.

The X-T3 will likely have a BIS sensor which should bring improvements to
performance.

Thought you were leaving. Have a great trip. If you're going to
Capetown, bring your own water.
http://www.news18.com/news/world/out-of-water-cape-town-will-turn-off-the-taps-on-day-zero-1654189.html

I left Tuesday at 06:20 for SFO, then SFO to AMS, and now I am in Cape
Town.

AMS Schiphol on Wednesday evening by iPhone.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcsf9xsv306tham/Feb%2009-2054.jpeg

Savageduck

David Taylor February 10th 18 09:29 AM

Fuji's Moving Away From Retro

On 09/02/2018 18:21, Savageduck wrote:
[]
I left Tuesday at 06:20 for SFO, then SFO to AMS, and now I am in Cape
Town.

AMS Schiphol on Wednesday evening by iPhone.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcsf9xsv306tham/Feb%2009-2054.jpeg

Classic shot!

--
Cheers,
David

Savageduck[_3_] February 10th 18 06:56 PM

David Taylor wrote:
On 09/02/2018 18:21, Savageduck wrote:
[]
I left Tuesday at 06:20 for SFO, then SFO to AMS, and now I am in Cape
Town.

AMS Schiphol on Wednesday evening by iPhone.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcsf9xsv306tham/Feb%2009-2054.jpeg

Classic shot!

Thanks!

Here are a few more from Schiphol.
The place gets graveyard quiet late at night.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcbgttbizhc0enr/Feb8-02.jpeg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/984hs94gxjddzxt/Feb8-03.jpeg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txlkjpu8j31m5y0/Feb8-04.jpeg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/way65mq4mnzg8h0/Feb8-05.jpeg

Savageduck

David Taylor February 10th 18 07:02 PM

Fuji's Moving Away From Retro

On 10/02/2018 17:56, Savageduck wrote:
[]
Thanks!

Here are a few more from Schiphol.
The place gets graveyard quiet late at night.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcbgttbizhc0enr/Feb8-02.jpeg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/984hs94gxjddzxt/Feb8-03.jpeg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txlkjpu8j31m5y0/Feb8-04.jpeg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/way65mq4mnzg8h0/Feb8-05.jpeg

Thanks! I'm usually there early or afternoon, never seen it quiet!
Captures the atmosphere very well.

--
Cheers,
David

David B.[_2_] February 11th 18 12:10 AM

newshound wrote:
[...]

It seems odd that you didn't fly directly to Cape Town.

Was it REALLY cheaper to fly via Europe?

--
David B.

Savageduck[_3_] February 11th 18 01:16 AM

Fuji's Moving Away From Retro

David B. wrote:
On 09/02/2018 18:21

It seems odd that you didn't fly directly to Cape Town.

Do you know of a direct SFO-CPT, or LAX-CPT flight?

There are direct USA-South Africa flights from JFK, Atlanta, Houston, and
D.C. to Johannesburg(JNB), not to CPT.

The last thing I want to do is to connect between JNB and CPT, if I don’t
need to.

Was it REALLY cheaper to fly via Europe?

Actually, the route I flew with KLM was the most cost effective for cash,
and seat exhaustion.

If I could have afforded it, I would have chartered an executive jet.

Savageduck