PhotoBanter.com

-   Photographing Nature (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Snails :) (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=9523)

Dragon Spawn August 15th 04 03:52 PM

Snails :)

Hey,

I was in my kitchen a minute ago and I saw a snail on the wall across
the garden :) So I ran out and took these two photos :)

http://dragon-spawn.co.uk/DSGallery/...s.php?album=18

What do you think?

Paulz

[email protected] August 15th 04 06:57 PM

In message ,
"B A T M A N" wrote:

Well you certainly have a good macro lens, very sharp indeed.

How can you tell, from those small pictures?

If you display a 3072-pixel wide image at 533 pixels wide, it's kind of
hard not to look sharp, with any lens that is at its optimum focus.
--

John P Sheehy

Dragon Spawn August 15th 04 07:01 PM

The images are 1600x1200 ;)

Just click on them and they enlarge :)

They were taken with a credit card sized Pentax Option S 3Mb Pixels in
Macro mode :)

[email protected] August 15th 04 07:27 PM

In message ,
Dragon Spawn wrote:

The images are 1600x1200 ;)

Just click on them and they enlarge :)

Thanks. I was looking for a gadget, and didn't see one. I'm not quick
to click because it's an easy way to get hijacked or get pop-ups.

They were taken with a credit card sized Pentax Option S 3Mb Pixels in
Macro mode :)

Then, they are already having some of their native image hidden by
resizing.

Not that I'm complaining; I generally display 6MP images at 0.43MP, but
I don't really expect anyone to praise the optics, unless they see the
native pixel resolution.
--

John P Sheehy