PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Using 2GB SD-Card with 1GB capable Camera. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=86067)

[email protected] September 13th 07 12:52 PM

Using 2GB SD-Card with 1GB capable Camera.

Ok, here's the point, I wanted to keep the post at it's bare minimum.

I don't have the camera, my father has that camera. My father lives
over 10.000 km away from where I live, that's why I added "(I've got
the SD card here, but not the camera, so I can't try it out)".

Since I will be visiting him next week, he told me to buy some memory.
I bought the 2GB memory, and later noticed that the specs of his
camera mention "up to 1GB".

But nevermind, I'm going to buy a 1GB card, then test the 2GB with his
camera. If it works, I'll keep the 1GB as a floppy, if it doesn't,
he'll get the 1GB and I'll keep the 2GB as a floppy.

And, of course, to close this thread, I'll report the result.

Thanks.

William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com September 13th 07 01:26 PM

Using 2GB SD-Card with 1GB capable Camera.

Most SD cards have a lock-unlock switch on them to write protect them. Some
SD cards that are larger that 2GB have a switch to down size them to 1GB.
You might check to see if this card has such a switch.

Have a good day.

William