PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Canon 5D - put up or shut... (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=48796)

[email protected] August 15th 05 06:39 PM

Canon 5D - put up or shut...

Ok, time to have some fun in this group. We've all seen the threads
about the supposed pending announcement of the Canon 5D. For purely
entertainment value, lets keep a running total of who thinks its real,
and who doesn't.

For terms of scoring, "yes its real" will be evaluated on the following
criteria:
1. An announcement by Canon of a 5D before the end of August.
2. The 5D is full frame.
3. The 5D has ~ 12mp resolution, +/- 2 megapixels.

Post a reply to this message, with a "Yes i think its real" or "No i
thinks its bogus" before Friday, August 20th, 11:59pm EST.

For starters, I'll say "No i think its bogus".

PS I'm being generous with the +/- 2 mps.

Thomas Müller August 15th 05 07:08 PM

Yes i think its real

l e o August 15th 05 07:15 PM

wrote:
Ok, time to have some fun in this group. We've all seen the threads
about the supposed pending announcement of the Canon 5D. For purely
entertainment value, lets keep a running total of who thinks its real,
and who doesn't.

For terms of scoring, "yes its real" will be evaluated on the following
criteria:
1. An announcement by Canon of a 5D before the end of August.
2. The 5D is full frame.
3. The 5D has ~ 12mp resolution, +/- 2 megapixels.

Post a reply to this message, with a "Yes i think its real" or "No i
thinks its bogus" before Friday, August 20th, 11:59pm EST.

For starters, I'll say "No i think its bogus".

PS I'm being generous with the +/- 2 mps.

Someone already mentioned much eariler this year in this group that
there would be a middle of the line model and it'd a full frame camera
coming. Use google to look it up? It would be interesting if you had
raised this question at that time. Now, we're just waiting for the
offical announcement as we all [should] know it's true, along with 1D MK
II N, 430EX flash and a 24-105/4L IS lens.

Brian Baird August 15th 05 08:07 PM

In article . com,
says...
Ok, time to have some fun in this group. We've all seen the threads
about the supposed pending announcement of the Canon 5D. For purely
entertainment value, lets keep a running total of who thinks its real,
and who doesn't.

For terms of scoring, "yes its real" will be evaluated on the following
criteria:
1. An announcement by Canon of a 5D before the end of August.
2. The 5D is full frame.
3. The 5D has ~ 12mp resolution, +/- 2 megapixels.

Post a reply to this message, with a "Yes i think its real" or "No i
thinks its bogus" before Friday, August 20th, 11:59pm EST.

For starters, I'll say "No i think its bogus".

PS I'm being generous with the +/- 2 mps.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say we'll see a 5D with those specs
around the release date.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

[email protected] August 15th 05 09:13 PM

hrm... maybe i'm not following this group as closely as i should...

i'm still somewhat skeptical. a 5d maybe, but full frame?

i'd hate to be the only loser of my own thread. ;)

Simon Stanmore August 15th 05 09:15 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok, time to have some fun in this group. We've all seen the threads
about the supposed pending announcement of the Canon 5D. For purely
entertainment value, lets keep a running total of who thinks its real,
and who doesn't.

For terms of scoring, "yes its real" will be evaluated on the following
criteria:
1. An announcement by Canon of a 5D before the end of August.
2. The 5D is full frame.
3. The 5D has ~ 12mp resolution, +/- 2 megapixels.

Post a reply to this message, with a "Yes i think its real" or "No i
thinks its bogus" before Friday, August 20th, 11:59pm EST.

For starters, I'll say "No i think its bogus".

PS I'm being generous with the +/- 2 mps.

See http://www.p5freak.de/images/cps.gif for a screen grab of a page that's
was temporarily on the European CPS site earlier
--
Simon
http://www.pbase.com/stanmore

Steve Franklin August 15th 05 11:09 PM

put me down for yes. Not because I believe it, but because I want to believe
it.

John McWilliams August 15th 05 11:42 PM

wrote:

For terms of scoring, "yes its real" will be evaluated on the following
criteria:
1. An announcement by Canon of a 5D before the end of August.
2. The 5D is full frame.
3. The 5D has ~ 12mp resolution, +/- 2 megapixels.

Is it all right to use punctuation, etc.?

IAE, I'll guess "Yes" [59.55% probable, to be exact.]

--
John McWilliams

Tony Polson August 15th 05 11:52 PM

wrote:

Ok, time to have some fun in this group. We've all seen the threads
about the supposed pending announcement of the Canon 5D. For purely
entertainment value, lets keep a running total of who thinks its real,
and who doesn't.

For terms of scoring, "yes its real" will be evaluated on the following
criteria:
1. An announcement by Canon of a 5D before the end of August.
2. The 5D is full frame.
3. The 5D has ~ 12mp resolution, +/- 2 megapixels.

Post a reply to this message, with a "Yes i think its real" or "No i
thinks its bogus" before Friday, August 20th, 11:59pm EST.

For starters, I'll say "No i think its bogus".

PS I'm being generous with the +/- 2 mps.

It is genuine.

[Note, I didn't say "I think it is genuine". That is because I know
that it is genuine.]

Charles August 16th 05 01:39 AM

In article . com,
wrote:

Post a reply to this message, with a "Yes i think its real" or "No i
thinks its bogus" before Friday, August 20th, 11:59pm EST.

I think it is real.

--
Charles