PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Announcement: new DoF calculator available for download (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=15103)

Linda_N October 6th 04 01:46 PM

Announcement: new DoF calculator available for download

Thanks for putting the work into it, Jens!

Linda

"Jens Regge" wrote in message
Hi all together,

some years ago, I've started the project of creating a a
depth-of-field calculator in form of a disc.
But I somewhat forgot about it, too many other things to do.
Now, after some rainy weekends, I finally managed to finish the first
version.

A number of discs are available for different circles of confusion,
each covering the (approximate) focal length range of 28 to 105mm (or
the equivalent for that equipment) as well as f-stops from about 2.8
to 22.

I've made it publicly available under the following URLs. Each PDF is
about 1.2 megs in size. There is a German (metric) version and a US/UK
(imperial) version:
http://www.silverimages.de/downloads/dof-metric.pdf
http://www.silverimages.de/downloads/dof-imperial.pdf

I'd like to know if this is useful for others and of course your
comments for improval.

Please send comments also as PM, since I'm no regular reader of US/UK
photo groups, I usually only read the German spoken de.rec.fotografie.

Best regards,
Jens.
--
@@@