PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Real photos of Highway 17 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains this week (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130058)

Phil Hobbs February 11th 17 05:59 AM

Real photos of Highway 17 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountainsthis week

On 02/12/2017 01:27 PM, Stijn De Jong wrote:
These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew
killed. http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

At the moment, they're doing mud almost as well as you Dutchmen. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

nospam February 12th 17 06:32 PM

Real photos of Highway 17 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains this week

In article , Stijn De Jong
wrote:

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

i doubt he was attempting to cross it. more likely he was not paying
any attention and only realized it when it was too late.

Oren February 12th 17 06:53 PM

Real photos of Highway 17 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains this week

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 18:27:18 +0000 (UTC), Stijn De Jong
wrote:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew
killed. http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

Living in California can be carcogenic.

[email protected] February 12th 17 07:42 PM

wrote:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew
killed. http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Savageduck[_3_] February 12th 17 07:48 PM

wrote:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew
killed.
http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

Savageduck

android February 12th 17 07:52 PM

wrote:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew
killed.
http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

No hurricanes?
--
teleportation kills

Savageduck[_3_] February 12th 17 07:59 PM

On 2017-02-12 18:27:18 +0000, Stijn De Jong said:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

....and yet in parts of the Central and Salinas Valleys, and some of the
Central and Southern California Counties, agriculture has sucked up so
much ground water it will take years to replenish via perculation, so
there the drought persists even with the surface being wet.

Savageduck

Savageduck[_3_] February 12th 17 08:03 PM

wrote:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew
killed.
http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

No hurricanes?

In California we only have a loose relationship with hurricanes. They
touch us occasionally with glacing blows with Mexico usually getting
the worst of the Pacific tropical storms and hurricanes.

Savageduck

Savageduck[_3_] February 12th 17 08:04 PM

wrote:

[...]

....er, glancing blows.

Savageduck