PhotoBanter.com

-   Photographing Nature (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Big Bend National Park Site (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=4149)

Michael Kilpatrick September 27th 03 04:23 AM

Big Bend National Park Site

Hello David

Magnificent site. The popup doesn't bother me. I'm in Australia though, so
it's unlikely I will get to see the park.

I tried to find a description of how you construct the panoramas - couldn't
see one in a quick search of the site.

I'm wondering what focal length lens(es) you used and how many shots had to
be stitched to produce what appear to be full spherical images.

Regards

Michael

David Locke September 28th 03 12:35 AM

Big Bend National Park Site

Thanks, Michael

The panoramas are shot with 8 "around" shots and 2 "up and down" shots. I
stitch the panorama as a cube first, then I manually stitch the up and down
in Photoshop as a cube. The final product is then converted to an
equirectangular sphere. That's it, in a nutshell. My lens has a fov of
almost 180.

Anyway, I have a new panorama posted if anyone is interested:

http://www.virtualbigbend.com/new/castolon.html

thanks again,
--
David