PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Viewing MP4 Files Under Windows (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=27225)

Harpocrates February 6th 05 04:16 AM

Viewing MP4 Files Under Windows

I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
recommended for viewing/editing those videos?

Thanks in advance.

Al Dykes February 6th 05 12:59 PM

In article ,
Harpocrates wrote:
I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
recommended for viewing/editing those videos?

Thanks in advance.

There must be usenet groups for digital video, this is the first
question I've seen in this group for moving video.

I know video people that like Adobe Premiere Elements (about $100). I
don't know that there is any free/shareware for video.
--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Christopher Pollard February 6th 05 01:12 PM

On 6 Feb 2005 07:59:33 -0500, (Al Dykes) wrote:

There must be usenet groups for digital video, this is the first
question I've seen in this group for moving video.

There is rec.video.desktop, which would be a better bet.

I think quicktime can decode MP4 video.

--
Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net

andre February 6th 05 08:13 PM

Harpocrates wrote:
I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
recommended for viewing/editing those videos?

Thanks in advance.

www.videolan.org/vlc
in my opinion the best player around, doesn't even need codecs
(everything is programmed into the player)

--
http://www.aguntherphotography.com