PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital Point & Shoot Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Minolta X, Xt, Xg lens cover (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=28662)

Rudy--K8SWD November 29th 04 08:43 PM

Minolta X, Xt, Xg lens cover

I have a Minolta Xt and messed up the lens cover using a large lens pen to
clean the lens the other day when I got some rain drops on it. I evidently
knocked the lens cover off the track. I called around and the best price to
get it fixed was $45.00 plus shipping. Konica-Minolta has a flat max rate
of $110.00. So what was there to lose? I filed down an eye-glass fix it
screwdriver to fit the screws on the camera and split the cases. Really
easy. No parts flew out either! A simple touch of my finger to the lens
cover popped it on track and it works fine. A couple of the screws are
shorter than the others, so rememeber where they go. I got the camera back
together with no parts left over! Oh, it is really easy to replace the
tripod socket in the event this gets stripped too. So, in the event I
inadvertenly knock this little cover off track again--no worrys for this
out-of-warranty camera!

Rudy, K8SWD