PhotoBanter.com

-   Other Photographic Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need advice on P&S camera (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=3684)

John T Haller November 13th 03 03:54 AM

Need advice on P&S camera

Hello all:

I'm a pretty avid amateur photographer. I'm also an officer in the PA Army
National Guard and I'm going to Iraq in January. I'm looking for a point
and shoot 35mm camera to document my experience.

requirements:

small and light and can fit in an average pocket.
ABOVE ALL it must be rugged and able to withstand abuse and sand, etc
good photo quality
take AAA or AA batteries? that would be nice
it would be nice to have aperature priority

I don't need zoom since it's more to break.

I was thinking of Ricoh GR1 or the Yashica camera.

Please email me direct as well as post if you don't mind.

Thanks!! John Haller