PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Giving photogs a bad name? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=127344)

Savageduck[_3_] May 18th 14 04:43 PM

Giving photogs a bad name?

On 2014-05-18 15:15:13 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Sat, 17 May 2014 23:00:22 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lican-primary/

You

seem to think that any reference to the use of a camera is a
photography issue. That's not necessarily true.

The photograph was taken by a blogger with a political agenda. His
action may give political bloggers a bad name, but it has nothing to
do with photographers.

....and it was probably shot with a phone.

Savageduck

James Silverton[_2_] May 18th 14 07:43 PM

Giving photogs a bad name?

wrote:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lican-primary/

You

seem to think that any reference to the use of a camera is a
photography issue. That's not necessarily true.

The photograph was taken by a blogger with a political agenda. His
action may give political bloggers a bad name, but it has nothing to
do with photographers.

...and it was probably shot with a phone.

I imagine, especially since the advent of Photoshop, that trusting a
photograph is a thing of the past. Recently, I've seen pictures of
eagles carrying off children and zebras chasing lions.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

Robert Coe May 18th 14 08:25 PM

Giving photogs a bad name?

On Sun, 18 May 2014 08:43:41 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:
:
: wrote:
:
: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lican-primary/
:
:
: You
:
: seem to think that any reference to the use of a camera is a
: photography issue. That's not necessarily true.
:
: The photograph was taken by a blogger with a political agenda. His
: action may give political bloggers a bad name, but it has nothing to
: do with photographers.
:
: ...and it was probably shot with a phone.

Let's hope so. At this point we have no way of knowing what other shoes are
going to drop.

Bob

Savageduck[_3_] May 18th 14 09:01 PM

Giving photogs a bad name?

wrote:
: On 2014-05-18 15:15:13 +0000, Tony Cooper said:
:
: On Sat, 17 May 2014 23:00:22 -0700 (PDT), RichA
: wrote:
:
:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lican-primary/

:
:
:

You
:
: seem to think that any reference to the use of a camera is a
: photography issue. That's not necessarily true.
:
: The photograph was taken by a blogger with a political agenda. His
: action may give political bloggers a bad name, but it has nothing to
: do with photographers.
:
: ...and it was probably shot with a phone.

Let's hope so. At this point we have no way of knowing what other shoes are
going to drop.

Bob

Given that all the characters in this mini-drama are positioned so far
to the right on the Southern political bench, they are barely hanging
on to it. If they all drop off things could only improve.

Savageduck

Mort[_3_] May 18th 14 09:30 PM

Giving photogs a bad name?

James Silverton wrote:
I imagine, especially since the advent of Photoshop, that trusting a
photograph is a thing of the past. Recently, I've seen pictures of
eagles carrying off children and zebras chasing lions.

In this regard, I vividly recall seeing a photograph in a magazine,
especially made to illustrate the topic at hand. It showed
then-President Bush Sr., with a naked girl sitting on his lap, and
President Abraham Lincoln standing next to him with a hand on Pres.
Bush's shoulder. Although obviously impossible to be real, there were no
cut edges or color or texture changes to suggest cut-and-paste. It
illustrates how phoney pix can be made to seem realistic, and hints at
how they can be used maliciously. The old canard that pictures don't lie
is now itself a lie.

Let the viewer beware.

Mort Linder