PhotoBanter.com

-   -   New camera choices ... Nikon, Minolta or Fuji? advice reqd! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=14065)

David J Taylor September 25th 04 02:56 PM

New camera choices ... Nikon, Minolta or Fuji? advice reqd!

Tx2 wrote:
[]
The Minolta Dimage A1
The Nikon Coolpix 5700
The Fujifilm S7000

[]
Anyone care to throw further confusion into the arena, or indeed some
conclusive information that will sway me on to one camera?

As Nikon have just brought out the 8800, you could expect sa slight
reduction in the 5700 price.

I have a 5700 and have been very pleased with it. I considered upgrading
to a Minolta A2 (not the A1) but the quality was no better, so I sent the
camera back and stuck with my 5700!

Cheers,
David

David J Taylor September 25th 04 02:56 PM

Tx2 wrote:
[]
The Minolta Dimage A1
The Nikon Coolpix 5700
The Fujifilm S7000

[]

Patco September 27th 04 06:45 AM

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Tx2 says...

Anyone care to throw further confusion into the arena, or indeed some
conclusive information that will sway me on to one camera?

in 24 hours, only one person can offer 'advice' on camera choice?

Most of us would own only one of the choices you mention, so it would
be difficult to offer an objective recommendation between them.
For what it's worth, I picked the A1 over the others, and have no regrets.
For me, the 28-200 manual zoom & AS are worth the price difference.

Patco September 27th 04 06:45 AM

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,