PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital ZLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   FZ50 annoucement (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67637)

David J Taylor July 19th 06 01:01 PM

FZ50 annoucement

Please see this announcement for FZ50 details:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0607/06...asonicfz50.asp

David

Daniel Silevitch July 19th 06 02:21 PM

FZ50 annoucement

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:01:27 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:
Please see this announcement for FZ50 details:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0607/06...asonicfz50.asp

10 megapixels, huh? Not shocking, given the demands of marketing, but is
that really a good idea on a small-sensor camera?

-dms

David J Taylor July 19th 06 02:45 PM

FZ50 annoucement

wrote:
Please see this announcement for FZ50 details:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0607/06...asonicfz50.asp

10 megapixels, huh? Not shocking, given the demands of marketing, but
is
that really a good idea on a small-sensor camera?

-dms

I'd wondered about that as well, but the press release is scattered with
"less noise" references. I will wait and see. Personally, I much prefer
the smaller size of the FZ5 (and probably the FZ7).

David

Daniel Silevitch July 19th 06 02:52 PM

FZ50 annoucement

wrote:
Please see this announcement for FZ50 details:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0607/06...asonicfz50.asp

10 megapixels, huh? Not shocking, given the demands of marketing, but
is
that really a good idea on a small-sensor camera?

-dms

I'd wondered about that as well, but the press release is scattered with
"less noise" references. I will wait and see. Personally, I much prefer
the smaller size of the FZ5 (and probably the FZ7).

I'd have to agree. If I'm going to carry something that size, I may as
well spend the extra money and get a Nikon D50 or a Canon 350 plus a
pair of lenses.

-dms

Grumpy AuContraire July 19th 06 03:15 PM

FZ50 annoucement

David J Taylor wrote:

Please see this announcement for FZ50 details:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0607/06...asonicfz50.asp

David

The biggest advance to me is TTL flash capability. Sure would like to
to see the sensor grow to standard 35MM size too...

JT

(FZ10 owner and likely to stay that way until.......)

per July 19th 06 11:57 PM

FZ50 annoucement

Sample pic gallery he
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...dels/fz50.html

Gerrit 't Hart July 20th 06 06:46 AM

FZ50 annoucement

"per" wrote in message
Sample pic gallery he
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...dels/fz50.html

If they have fixed the noise problem why are there no pics at ISOs other
than 100?

Gerrit

David J Taylor July 20th 06 08:21 AM

FZ50 annoucement

Gerrit 't Hart wrote:
"per" wrote in message
Sample pic gallery he
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...dels/fz50.html

If they have fixed the noise problem why are there no pics at ISOs
other than 100?

Gerrit

The dog picture looked noise processed to me, at 1:1 zoom. Might print
OK, though.

David