PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Commercial scanning of 120 BW film (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=96699)

EBL April 3rd 08 03:52 AM

Commercial scanning of 120 BW film

Hi--

I'm looking for a US-based lab to mail 120 BW film from my new Holga.
I would like to get high-quality scans and negatives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Michael[_6_] April 4th 08 01:22 AM

On 2008-04-02 22:52:30 -0400, EBL said:

Hi--

I'm looking for a US-based lab to mail 120 BW film from my new Holga.
I would like to get high-quality scans and negatives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try Holland Photo:
http://www.hollandphoto.com/html/services_bw.html

--
Michael

David J. Littleboy April 4th 08 03:41 AM

"EBL" wrote:
Hi--

I'm looking for a US-based lab to mail 120 BW film from my new Holga.
I would like to get high-quality scans and negatives.

Any suggestions?

It would make more sense to get a cheap (US$150 or so) Epson flatbed* and
scan them yourself. After 5 or 10 rolls, you will have saved more than the
price of commercial scanning. Check out www.scantips.com for an introduction
to scanning.

*: Make sure it does medium format. Some models might only do 35mm. And some
models can't scan film. Get a model with Digital ICE if you can.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan