PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Minolta Maxxum 7000- How do I rewind the film? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23132)

artie66 December 18th 04 06:26 PM

Minolta Maxxum 7000- How do I rewind the film?

It may be broken, but I want to know how to properly rewind the film. It
appears that you have to push a small button with an R on it, and either
push or pull on a little gray tab to the left of the R button. Right now the
gray tab is out about 1/8" from the black body. It won't push to the right
at all, and will pull to the left only slightly. I tried pushing down on the
R button while trying to move the gray tab, but it acts the same-not much
movement and no rewind action. Any help would be much appreciated, including
referral to a repair shop in the San Jose CA area that could retrieve the
film. OR how to take it apart myself! THANKS.

artie66 December 19th 04 04:08 AM

Never mind- I replaced the 4 weak AAA batteries and it started re-winding.
When I opened the back to remove the film, the gray tab went back to it's
normal closed position. All is good!

nk.net...