PhotoBanter.com

-   -   What does Dx, Ls means (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=858)

Ron Baird June 24th 04 04:46 PM

What does Dx, Ls means

Greetings Zxcvar,

The references are found on our website under the link Digital Cameras. If
you visit that site you will find a listing for the three groups of camera
types.

CX = Point-and-shoot simplicity lets you start shooting right out of the
box.

DX = High performance features give you more creative control for just the
shot you want.

LS = High-tech meets high style. All the features you want housed in a sleek
metallic package.

They are just designators of what features the cameras include.

Talk to you soon, let me know if you have questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"zxcvar" wrote in message
m...
Greetings! Can some one explain what does the abbreviations Dx, Ls and
other abbreviations Kodak uses? With thanks.

Allodoxaphobia June 24th 04 07:15 PM

What does Dx, Ls means

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:46:26 -0400, Ron Baird hath writ:
"zxcvar" wrote in message
m...
Greetings! Can some one explain what does the abbreviations Dx, Ls and
other abbreviations Kodak uses? With thanks.

The references are found on our website under the link Digital Cameras. If
you visit that site you will find a listing for the three groups of camera
types.

CX = Point-and-shoot simplicity lets you start shooting right out of the
box.

DX = High performance features give you more creative control for just the
shot you want.

LS = High-tech meets high style. All the features you want housed in a sleek
metallic package.

They are just designators of what features the cameras include.

Talk to you soon, let me know if you have questions.

I thought they meant the same as what they mean in automobile
designations: It is marketing-speak conveying nothing of substance.

Jonesy