PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital ZLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=75949)

Wayne J. Cosshall January 20th 07 03:01 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Hi All,

I've placed reviews of the Epson 3800 and the HP Z3100 on my printer
review page, and also a head to head comparision of their print quality
(not entirely fair, because they are very different printers, but hey :):
http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/prttests.php

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Co-moderator, Yahoo Canon-350D list
Workshops and seminars: http://www.thedigitalimagemaker.com/
Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

Smee R11S January 20th 07 03:13 AM

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

I've placed reviews of the Epson 3800 and the HP Z3100 on my printer
review page, and also a head to head comparision of their print quality
(not entirely fair, because they are very different printers, but hey :):
http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/prttests.php

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Co-moderator, Yahoo Canon-350D list
Workshops and seminars: http://www.thedigitalimagemaker.com/
Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

I'm sorry to say the reviews you made are very very very short on substance.
I really cannot have a view on either based on your review.

MarkČ January 20th 07 03:44 AM

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

I've placed reviews of the Epson 3800 and the HP Z3100 on my printer
review page, and also a head to head comparision of their print
quality (not entirely fair, because they are very different printers,
but hey :): http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/prttests.php

Cheers,

Wayne

At risk of sounding rude... The commentary and adjectives used in this
"review" (3800) could be applied to just about ANY printer currently on the
market. -Nothing specific to this printer, and ZERO details about anything.

It was a nice thought, but I don't see how this would help a serious,
discriminating shopper make a decision about this fairly serious printer.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Douglas January 20th 07 03:45 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

How on God's earth can you expect to be taken seriously when you print
drivel like this? Where are the spectrometer results? And... What on earth
prompted you to even attempt to compare an industrial printer like the HP
with an Epson destined for the desktop?

I suppose you never thought to compare apples with apples? Next time you try
to gain some credibility, try testing two industrial printers instead of a
desktop and a free standing industrial machine.

Where too are the comparisons of ink tank capacity? Just because Epson put
"Pro" after the description of a printer doesn't make it an industrial
machine. 80 ml. is hardly enough to start a production run of full width
canvas panorama's is it?

You just went down 5 points in my assessment of your ability to even write a
credible report, much less a concise one.

--

Australian Wedding Photography between Kempsy, NSW and Sunshine Coast.
http://www.photosbydouglas.com

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
: Hi All,
:
: Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
: Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

Wayne J. Cosshall January 20th 07 04:25 AM

Smee R11S wrote:

I'm sorry to say the reviews you made are very very very short on
substance.
I really cannot have a view on either based on your review.

The HP is a setup and initial use report, as it says.
I've changed the name on the 3800 from review to impressions, as it is
that, my impressions from use.

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall

Wayne J. Cosshall January 20th 07 04:27 AM

MarkČ wrote:

At risk of sounding rude... The commentary and adjectives used in this
"review" (3800) could be applied to just about ANY printer currently on the
market. -Nothing specific to this printer, and ZERO details about anything.

It was a nice thought, but I don't see how this would help a serious,
discriminating shopper make a decision about this fairly serious printer.

I've changed it from a review to impressions. Frankly I saw little point
in rehashing specifications, etc

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall

Wayne J. Cosshall January 20th 07 04:34 AM

Douglas wrote:
How on God's earth can you expect to be taken seriously when you print
drivel like this? Where are the spectrometer results?

I don't do spectrophotometer tests. That does not make my impressions of
print quality, etc less meanful, just what they are, impressions and
observations from use. I've changed the name of the 3800 article from
review to impressions.

The Z3100 is called setup and initial use.

And... What on earth
prompted you to even attempt to compare an industrial printer like the HP
with an Epson destined for the desktop?

I did say in the first paragraph "This is not an even comparison, as the
Epson 3800 and the HP Z3100 are very different printers. But I could not
resist it. I’ll leave out the obvious differences in size and paper
handling and concentrate on the print quality." I think that spells it
out, these are the two latest printers from these two companies, they
were here at the same time and I wanted to compare PRINT QUALITY,
nothing else.

I suppose you never thought to compare apples with apples? Next time you try
to gain some credibility, try testing two industrial printers instead of a
desktop and a free standing industrial machine.

Of course, and that's why I said I was only looking at print quality.

MarkČ January 20th 07 04:39 AM

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
MarkČ wrote:

At risk of sounding rude... The commentary and adjectives used in
this "review" (3800) could be applied to just about ANY printer
currently on the market. -Nothing specific to this printer, and
ZERO details about anything. It was a nice thought, but I don't see how
this would help a serious,
discriminating shopper make a decision about this fairly serious
printer.

I've changed it from a review to impressions. Frankly I saw little
point in rehashing specifications, etc

Specifications wouldn't make it a review, either.
Normally, reviews include analysis and testing, with examples given and
results demonstrated (or at least detailed).

But your move to "impressions" is appropriate, I think.
-And good show...by not taking offense.
:)
-MarkČ

www.pbase.com/markuson

MarkČ January 20th 07 04:43 AM

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Douglas wrote:
How on God's earth can you expect to be taken seriously when you
print drivel like this? Where are the spectrometer results?

I don't do spectrophotometer tests. That does not make my impressions
of print quality, etc less meanful, just what they are, impressions
and observations from use. I've changed the name of the 3800 article
from review to impressions.

The Z3100 is called setup and initial use.

And... What on earth
prompted you to even attempt to compare an industrial printer like
the HP with an Epson destined for the desktop?

I did say in the first paragraph "This is not an even comparison, as
the Epson 3800 and the HP Z3100 are very different printers. But I
could not resist it.

Resist next time... :)
-On the other hand, don't take Douglas' rant too hard...since he has about
as much credibility around here as Milli Vanilli has for vocals.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Wayne J. Cosshall January 20th 07 05:11 AM

MarkČ wrote:

I did say in the first paragraph "This is not an even comparison, as
the Epson 3800 and the HP Z3100 are very different printers. But I
could not resist it.

Resist next time... :)
-On the other hand, don't take Douglas' rant too hard...since he has about
as much credibility around here as Milli Vanilli has for vocals.

LOLOL Agreed (about resisting next time).
I've further revised the head to head to spell out just why and what I
was interested in.

There is an interesting side to this, and I'll do a followup piece on
it. And that is that I often see people on a couple of other lists I am
on debating whether they can get away with a printer like the 3800 (or
even 2800) or whether they need to go to something like the 7800 or
Z3100. Now of course there is really no comparison between the two: the
paper handling options, width, ink capacity and likely longevity and
ease of service make a Z3100 far superior. But in terms of print quality
they can be VERY close, so it depends on what people are looking for.

BTW the criticisms were mostly valid, so there was no point in taking
offense.

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall

MarkČ January 20th 07 05:45 AM

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
MarkČ wrote:

[...]

I think the more ligical alternative to the 3800 is the 4800. It can use
110ml and/or 220ml ink carts, and is built to true industrial standards.

But of course the prints look very similar. -The 7800 adds ONLY width
capacity over the 4800, and shouldn't be expected to deliver better prints
at the same size.
www.pbase.com/markuson

Wayne J. Cosshall January 20th 07 06:09 AM

MarkČ wrote:

I think the more ligical alternative to the 3800 is the 4800. It can use
110ml and/or 220ml ink carts, and is built to true industrial standards.

But of course the prints look very similar. -The 7800 adds ONLY width
capacity over the 4800, and shouldn't be expected to deliver better prints
at the same size.

In fact I have a theory that within a printer range with consistent head
design, the highest print quality may be with the smaller printer,
assuming other things remain the same, like print head resolution, etc,
because you would expect they could make a printer more accurate when
the moving parts cover less distance. I'll setup a test and see.

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall

Douglas January 20th 07 09:19 AM

: MarkČ wrote:
:
[...]

-------------------------
You are right about the size/quality issue Wayne. I have several HP
designjets and 2 Epson photo printers. The r2400 does a way nicer print than
the 7800 but then it is an absolute pig at handling roll paper and it costs
about 60% more for ink carts on a ml/dollar basis and absolutely pours it on
to boot. I only use it in one instance now and this year is slated to be
replaced with a chemical printer.

The single most economical printer I have owned in the past 4 years is a HP
designjet 130. This machine was a dye ink printer but it produced colour as
good as any Epson of the day. It too had woeful paper handling.

The Canon 44" I bought last year lasted a mere 3 month before getting dumped
in favour of another designjet. The 7800 Epson spits ink all over a page
just as it gets to the last few inches of a 6 feet long print, ruining it in
the process. The single most expensive to run, wide format printer I have
ever owned.

Drop in to one of my print centres if you ever come to Queensland and see
first hand which ones are the cheapest to run... Use my measuring gear to
check the prints scientifically too.

Mark square head is typical of every American I have ever met. Over bearing,
outspoken, ill informed and unwilling to accept that anyone outside the USA
has ever had an original idea or can do anything as well or better than a
yank.

Yankee go home should read Yankee stay home in his case. He's an
embarrassment to the male of his species (whatever it is and it sure isn't
human) and his country.

Daryl Bryant January 20th 07 11:15 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

snip

The Canon 44" I bought last year lasted a mere 3 month before getting

dumped
in favour of another designjet. The 7800 Epson spits ink all over a page
just as it gets to the last few inches of a 6 feet long print, ruining it

in
the process. The single most expensive to run, wide format printer I have
ever owned.

I have both the Epson 4800 as well as the 9800 - to control the ink, I use
a ColorBurst rip. - http://www.colorburstrip.com/cbpro.html

MarkČ January 20th 07 12:00 PM

MarkČ wrote:

[...]

Quote me, Douglas. I've NEVER asserted such an idea. Never. I'd be the
first to admist that the US has no corner on genius. -That's just the
little green man in your head talking again...

Yankee go home should read Yankee stay home in his case. He's an
embarrassment to the male of his species (whatever it is and it sure
isn't human) and his country.

Ha ha! Oh Douglas... Surely America isn't the only country with people who
call it as they see it...which is what I did in your case. You heavily
slammed the OP, and I gave you a small bit of your own medicine. Can't take
it? -Don't dish it, chum.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Wayne J. Cosshall January 20th 07 12:17 PM

Douglas wrote:

-------------------------
[...]

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for sharing your printer experiences. And the invite. I will next
time I am up in QLD.

Re your American comments, I must say I have lots of American friends
who are dear to me and lovely people.

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall

John McWilliams January 20th 07 06:44 PM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Douglas wrote:
How on God's earth can you expect to be taken seriously when you .... Snipped bits out

continue to top post?

--
lsmft

Smitty January 20th 07 07:00 PM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Why does everyone get so damn anal about "top posting"???? It's as if
someone committed a damn crime for Christ's sake. Geez, can't you scroll up
(or down) with a mouse? GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
. ..

MarkČ January 20th 07 07:02 PM

Douglas wrote:
How on God's earth can you expect to be taken seriously when you
.... Snipped bits out

continue to top post?

--
lsmft

Why does everyone get so damn anal about "top posting"???? It's as if
someone committed a damn crime for Christ's sake. Geez, can't you
scroll up (or down) with a mouse? GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not about scrolling. It's simply about knowing exactly what a person's
comments are responding to.
This becomes especially important in conversations between several people,
where there are many comments about portions of other posts.

www.pbase.com/markuson

G.T. January 20th 07 07:05 PM

Smitty wrote:
Why does everyone get so damn anal about "top posting"???? It's as if
someone committed a damn crime for Christ's sake. Geez, can't you scroll up
(or down) with a mouse? GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moronic grasp Obviously can't picture the big posters top.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

[email protected] January 20th 07 09:10 PM

Douglas wrote:
Drop in to one of my print centres if you ever come to Queensland and see
first hand which ones are the cheapest to run... Use my measuring gear to
check the prints scientifically too.

Will Douglas give an address, or even just the name in which they can
be found in the phone book??? (The 'famous' 'TechnoAussie' print
franchises never existed, except in Douglas' head.)

Or do we have to look for his market stall..?

.....is typical of every American I have ever met...

Rest of stupid rant snipped. Douglas attacks the messenger when he
loses the plot/debate.

Just ignore him, Wayne. Or for a chuckle, look up his postings on
enlargements (his have 'added detail' and he claims he can achieve a
sharp 36x24 from a 6x4...), perspective (he thinks it is all about lens
focal length, and not about distance from subject), depth of field
calculations (he just gets it wrong), or Panasonic FZ20's that match
medium format quality...

Here's some of his expertise:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(like I said, he seems to have problems with controlling d-o-f)
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on the
tree?)

Any questions? (O:

MarkČ January 20th 07 09:38 PM

wrote:
Douglas wrote:
[...]

Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE t-shirts...under
MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...
:(

www.pbase.com/markuson

Wayne J. Cosshall January 21st 07 01:09 AM

wrote:

Just ignore him, Wayne. Or for a chuckle, look up his postings on
enlargements (his have 'added detail' and he claims he can achieve a
sharp 36x24 from a 6x4...), perspective (he thinks it is all about lens
focal length, and not about distance from subject), depth of field
calculations (he just gets it wrong), or Panasonic FZ20's that match
medium format quality...

I try not to take anything about my articles personally. Used to but I
hope I have grown up :) People had legit complaints about the articles,
so I fixed them. That's good as it makes them clearer, which is what I
want. Then if people get something useful out of them, that is excellent.

Cheers,

Wayne

jack January 21st 07 05:56 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

welcome to our website

http://lihuarong.go3.icpcn.com

Douglas January 21st 07 07:18 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

:
: Here's some of his expertise:
: http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
: (like I said, he seems to have problems with controlling d-o-f)
:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
: (How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on the
: tree?)
:
: Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE t-shirts...under
: MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
: That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...
::(
:
: --
Here you go again, pathetic moron... Tell me which professional photographer
you know who does not deliberately post such pics to prevent the client (or
fools like you) downloading his/her quality images without paying?

Somehow you seem to think I should post my proofs without compression and in
final edit form so it conforms to your idea of perfect. Unlike you, I have a
vested interest in NOT posting final edit images.

When you actually do grow up. You'll get to understand that not all English
is spelt in the American mangled version of the language and pointing out
spelling mistakes (one of your other moronic traits) is pretty obnoxious
stuff, just as attempting to belittle someone who derives a living from an
industry you don't have the balls to be in.

Get a life child... The one you lead now is absolutely pathetic if trolling
the newsgroups for someone to flame is the highlight of your day. Next time
you decide to hijack someone else's thread... Keep in mind you are behaving
in the classic mould of a troll because that's all you are.

MarkČ January 21st 07 07:47 AM

Douglas wrote:
Here's some of his expertise:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(like I said, he seems to have problems with controlling d-o-f)

http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on
the tree?)

Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE
t-shirts...under MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...
:(

--

Here you go again, pathetic moron... Tell me which professional
photographer you know who does not deliberately post such pics to
prevent the client (or fools like you) downloading his/her quality
images without paying?

So you're saying that you post your crappy photos on purpose?
Why?
That's about as convincing as the kid who trips on his way down the stairs,
and then insists that he "meant to do that..."

Somehow you seem to think I should post my proofs without compression
and in final edit form so it conforms to your idea of perfect. Unlike
you, I have a vested interest in NOT posting final edit images.

Compression has NOTHING to do with lighting, planning, mid-day sun, and
white t-shirts.
Any photog worth his salt knows that you don't take clients out in mid-day,
cloudless sun and shoot portraits--expecially not in white t-shirts. Now
what part of that is trolling?

When you actually do grow up. You'll get to understand that not all
English is spelt in the American mangled version of the language and
pointing out spelling mistakes (one of your other moronic traits) is
pretty obnoxious stuff, just as attempting to belittle someone who
derives a living from an industry you don't have the balls to be in.

You must have me mixed up with someone else, Douglas. I don't point out
spelling mistakes. Maybe never.
There are many Marks here, but only one me. I don't use any other screen
names (unlike yourself). You have this bad habit of assuming you know who
you're talking to (someone else), attaching all sorts of actions and posts
to me that I haven't made.

Get a life child... The one you lead now is absolutely pathetic if
trolling the newsgroups for someone to flame is the highlight of your
day. Next time you decide to hijack someone else's thread... Keep in
mind you are behaving in the classic mould of a troll because that's
all you are.

Again... You seem to have me mixed up with someone else.
You've done this at least twice before.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Douglas January 21st 07 07:48 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

I actually take you seriously Mark, about not being able to follow a thread
properly unless it was bottom posted.. Not just more absurd crap from the
master of verbal drivel but a frank admission of his inability to read
proper English.

No where in the world is there more quasi "standards" than on the Internet.
Everyone here has a perception of how it has to be and not a single one has
a clue how to make it that way.

If the largest manufacturer of software in the world defaults their news
reader to top posting, that's good enough for me. "Stick your request for
comments" in the same mail box you use to receive all the other spam.

One day you and a couple of other militant morons will discover you have no
right to even attempt to impose your ideas of correctness on anyone else and
(hopefully) stop the practice... Although that might actually be asking too
much from those with such feeble powers of deduction as you have Mark.
--

-----------------

MarkČ January 21st 07 07:54 AM

Douglas wrote:
I actually take you seriously Mark, about not being able to follow a
thread properly unless it was bottom posted..

What's funny about your comment there is that you can't even keep track of
who PEOPLE are, Douglas!
I've NEVER flamed anyone for top-posting.

Not just more absurd
crap from the master of verbal drivel but a frank admission of his
inability to read proper English.

No where in the world is there more quasi "standards" than on the
Internet. Everyone here has a perception of how it has to be and not
a single one has a clue how to make it that way.

If the largest manufacturer of software in the world defaults their
news reader to top posting, that's good enough for me. "Stick your
request for comments" in the same mail box you use to receive all the
other spam.

One day you and a couple of other militant morons will discover you
have no right to even attempt to impose your ideas of correctness on
anyone else and (hopefully) stop the practice... Although that might
actually be asking too much from those with such feeble powers of
deduction as you have Mark.

Once again, Douglas, you have me confused with someone else, as you've done
many times.
I have never...NEVER...jumped on someone for top-posting.
Not one SINGLE time.
In this instance, I merely explained why it can be helpful.
If you really think you're talking to someone (me) who has flamed people for
top-posting, then I officially challenge you to find a post from me where I
do so.
I haven't.

[email protected] January 21st 07 07:57 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Off topic.

Douglas wrote:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
: (How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on the
: tree?)
:
: Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE t-shirts...under
: MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
: That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...
::(
:
: --
Here you go again, pathetic moron... Tell me which professional photographer
you know who does not deliberately post such pics to prevent the client (or
fools like you) downloading his/her quality images without paying?

All of them.

It's only Douglas that believes:
- anyone is even remotely interested in downloading and using dead-set
boring and poorly executed family portraits
- that you can somehow usefully enlarge an image that is only .. wait
for it.. 640 x 430 pixels. To Douglas of course, that would easily
enlarge to 36" x 24", with 'added detail' from his magical, still
untested algorithm.
(see at the bottom of this page:
http://hannemyr.com/photo/interpolation.html)
- that he can best display his work by deliberately (haha!) damaging
it.

Somehow, I'm more inclined to believe it is more about lack of
experience. Example, here, he uses a fairly good jpg as his title
image (at top of page).
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/example-index.htm

Yet here - ON HIS TITLE PAGE!!!, he uses a GIF version (!!!), with
dithering, blown highlights, etc.
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/

?????
Yes, he's fiendishly clever, is Douglas.

Somehow you seem to think I should post my proofs without compression and in
final edit form so it conforms to your idea of perfect.

'Final edit form' is 640 x 430 pixels, is it? I'd choose slightly
higher resolution originals, if I was him...

Unlike you, I have a
vested interest in NOT posting final edit images.

Yep, because Sooo Many people would want to take those gooooorgeous
images and use them as their desktop wallpapers, or sell them on the
black market... (O:

When you actually do grow up. You'll get to understand that not all English
is spelt in the American mangled version of the language and pointing out
spelling mistakes (one of your other moronic traits) is pretty obnoxious
stuff, just as attempting to belittle someone who derives a living from an
industry you don't have the balls to be in.

(rant snipped)

As usual, he attacks the person rather than the facts.

Anyway, I'm off comet chasing!! Bye.

MarkČ January 21st 07 08:12 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

wrote:
Off topic.

Douglas wrote:
[...]

Now Douglas... (since you're surely reading this)...I would like to simply
point out that is NOT me. I hate to break it to
you, but Mark is a rather common name, and there are many many Marks in the
world. Not just one. I'm MarkČ...ONLY MarkČ...and ONLY post as MarkČ.

So...if you want to rail away at Mark Thomas, then have at it. Just do
yourself a favor, and stop assuming that all people in the world named Mark
are one person.

www.pbase.com/markuson

JoeT January 21st 07 08:53 AM

MarkČ wrote:

[...]

Perhaps he can't keep the people in his conversations straight because
it's impossible to do so when quoted threads have multiple top posts
intermingled within them? It amazes me when people so thoroughly
illustrate the pitfalls of their own stubborn behavior while
simultaneously resorting to infantile name calling directed at those
who're simply trying to help them maintain a conversation in a sensible
form.

People have conversations in a chronological manner. This is normal.
unless of course, you're Yoda and speaking to a bunch of Jedi using mind
tricks... :)

The next line is in deference to those who believe that attempting to
follow *standards* isn't helpful in fostering the natural flow of
conversation and therefor, unnecessary.

(.anyway replies your reading be won't I , Douglas names me calling
childishly bother don't And)

Douglas January 21st 07 09:12 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

:
: Now Douglas... (since you're surely reading this)...I would like to
simply
: point out that is NOT me. I hate to break it to
: you, but Mark is a rather common name, and there are many many Marks in
the
: world. Not just one. I'm MarkČ...ONLY MarkČ...and ONLY post as MarkČ.
:
: So...if you want to rail away at Mark Thomas, then have at it. Just do
: yourself a favor, and stop assuming that all people in the world named
Mark
: are one person.
:
: --
: Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by MarkČ at:
:
www.pbase.com/markuson
:
:
I know exactly who you are and what your habits are. You are the idiot who
thinks the moth picture is an excellent example of a "good" picture ROTFL at
that one child!.

Douglas January 21st 07 09:16 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

So this comment is not yours, eh?

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
: Douglas wrote:
: I actually take you seriously Mark, about not being able to follow a
: thread properly unless it was bottom posted..
:
: What's funny about your comment there is that you can't even keep track of
: who PEOPLE are, Douglas!
: I've NEVER flamed anyone for top-posting.
:

Christ mate: get it right will you? You really can't follow a thread, can
you?

MarkČ January 21st 07 09:27 AM

Douglas wrote:
Now Douglas... (since you're surely reading this)...I would like to
simply point out that is NOT me. I hate to
break it to you, but Mark is a rather common name, and there are
many many Marks in the world. Not just one. I'm MarkČ...ONLY
MarkČ...and ONLY post as MarkČ.

So...if you want to rail away at Mark Thomas, then have at it. Just
do yourself a favor, and stop assuming that all people in the world
named Mark are one person.

www.pbase.com/markuson

I know exactly who you are and what your habits are. You are the
idiot who thinks the moth picture is an excellent example of a "good"
picture ROTFL at that one child!.

What the heck are you talking about, Douglas?

www.pbase.com/markuson

MarkČ January 21st 07 09:32 AM

Douglas wrote:
So this comment is not yours, eh?
It's not about scrolling. It's simply about knowing exactly what a
person's comments are responding to.
This becomes especially important in conversations between several
people, where there are many comments about portions of other posts.

Exactly what part of that information was inappropriate?

Douglas wrote:
I actually take you seriously Mark, about not being able to follow a
thread properly unless it was bottom posted..

What's funny about your comment there is that you can't even keep
track of who PEOPLE are, Douglas!
I've NEVER flamed anyone for top-posting.

Christ mate: get it right will you? You really can't follow a thread,
can you?

Was there supposed to be a point to what you just typed?

www.pbase.com/markuson

Douglas January 21st 07 09:51 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Your attitude JoeT, is almost as bad at mark moron's.

I know exactly what I'm doing and to whom I am addressing my remarks. Moron
here thinks I'm lashing out at the equally outspoken idiot who steals other
peoples images and puts them to his own (illegal) use on his own site
without asking permission and thinks there is no wrong in doing this. Maybe
I'm wrong and the old adage "it take one to know one" should reign?

Even a $500 cash reward did not uncover the real identity of this rotten
mongrel who thinks he's got support in these groups for his theft.
Eventually it will surface when he makes a slip and I'll be waiting. Every
dog has it's day and I'll have mine.

No not him... But a man so obsessed with his ideas of correctness, he
attempts to belittle others who participate in the group and show his
mastery of computers and Internet images as he derides anyone who doesn't
comply with his wants. Sadly there are quite a few of these sort of people
interspersed amongst the Usenet community. Maybe strutting their stuff here
makes up for having a little dick or something?

In case you have actually lost the plot Joe, being a Thunderbird user...
Outlook Express news reader catalogues replies so that following a thread
is only slowed down by those bottom posters who insist on posting their few
lines of comment at the bottom of 20 or 30 other people's messages which
forces civilised people to engage in scrolling down to the often one line of
quip, which is likely to induce RSI in the wheel finger if you persist with
your notion that your method is correct. Really... If you can't follow a
thread, what the hell are you doing trying to?

The fact is; Top posting no more or less correct than bottom posting. It's
just that I don't correct you for what I perceive as your annoying
behaviour... Akin to a smoker demanding the right to make everyone else a
passive smoker because they choose to smoke. So stop trying to impose your
idea of right on me now, will you?

As for insulting you... Why would I do that when you are simply engaging in
a discussion spelt out almost hourly in any of a few million newsgroups? No
friend, you can rest easy in my support of you having an opinion and the
right to express it just so long as you don't engage in personal
vilification like Mark Moron is doing to grandstand his opinion as he
hijacks someone else's thread.

He's only getting back what he gives and squealing like a stuck pig because
of it... Lovely fellow indeed. NOT! Armed with a can for freeze spray,
photographing colourful moths is child's play... Isn't it Mark?

Douglas

"JoeT" noway@today wrote in message
. ..
:

Douglas January 21st 07 09:56 AM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Cleaned out the shockers from Maui 2004 gallery did we?
---------------------------

:

MarkČ January 21st 07 10:07 AM

Douglas wrote:
Cleaned out the shockers from Maui 2004 gallery did we?

I haven't touched that gallery for at least two years, Doug, and it never
had a moth picture in it.

Doug, you have done this many times...where somebody gets you angry (in this
case, another mark, but Mark Thomas...not me)...and then you set about
attaching any offense you've ever taken against anyone...out on me. This is
a consistent problem you've had, and you're demonstrating it once again
here.

---------------------------

Bill Funk January 21st 07 03:29 PM

Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:16:20 GMT, "Douglas"
wrote:

So this comment is not yours, eh?
It's not about scrolling. It's simply about knowing exactly what a person's
comments are responding to.
This becomes especially important in conversations between several people,
where there are many comments about portions of other posts.

*THAT* is not a flame.

--
Angelina Jolie moved into
a mansion in New Orleans

MarkČ January 21st 07 08:51 PM

wrote:

So this comment is not yours, eh?
It's not about scrolling. It's simply about knowing exactly what a
person's comments are responding to.
This becomes especially important in conversations between several
people, where there are many comments about portions of other posts.

*THAT* is not a flame.

FINALLY a voice of SANITY.
Sheesh.
I really do think there are mental issues being displayed here, and I find
it rather disturbing.

www.pbase.com/markuson