PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   SB-400 Bounce Flash (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=122313)

Eric Stevens February 20th 12 09:08 AM

SB-400 Bounce Flash

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:53:27 -0800 (PST), pago
wrote:

Dear All,

According to the nikon speedlight sb-400 user manual, you should use
larger aperture settings (e.g. f3.6, f4.0, f5.6) if you wish to bounce
flash. How can this be? Can anyone explain the rationale behind
this?

As for me, I would do the opposite because a bounce flash has more
distance to travel, and therefore, to compensate, i would stop down
the aperture to allow more light in.

Stopping down the apertu i.e. closing down ther apertu i.e going
to a larger F number: lets _less_ light in.

(All things being equal, off course.)

Regards,

Pb

Regards,