PhotoBanter.com

-   Large Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mr. Knoppow... or... (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=93868)

AAvK[_3_] February 22nd 08 07:15 AM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

Richard! So sorry for being so late, but it dawned on me to thank you very much for
your great and terrific help and for the sharing of knowledge, awesome kindness.

Thank you, very very much!

Giant_Alex })))*
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Ken Hart[_3_] February 22nd 08 02:44 PM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

"AAvK" wrote in message

Richard! So sorry for being so late, but it dawned on me to thank you
very much for
your great and terrific help and for the sharing of knowledge, awesome
kindness.

Thank you, very very much!

Richard K. has been a great help and a fountain of knowledge for many people
here. IMHO, he is not thanked nearly enough! My life goal is meet him in
person some day and see the room (cavern?) where he keeps his reference
material.

Richard Knoppow February 22nd 08 02:47 PM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

"AAvK" wrote in message

Richard! So sorry for being so late, but it dawned on me
to thank you very much for
your great and terrific help and for the sharing of
knowledge, awesome kindness.

Thank you, very very much!

Giant_Alex })))*
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

You are very welcome, I'm always glad if I can help.
This group has become nearly moribund but I still read it
and respond when I have something to add.
The group, along with others, has become a victim of
both digital photography and to people moving to private
e-mail lists and web-based forums that have some control of
spam and other undesirable posting. Unfortunately both have
caused a fragmentation of a once pretty large population
here.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Peter[_8_] February 22nd 08 07:27 PM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

On Feb 22, 3:47*pm, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:
"AAvK" wrote in message

[...]

There is at least one appreciative reader in the Netherlands (at least
for now) - me.
Thanks for all the insights.

John[_12_] February 23rd 08 05:31 PM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 06:47:54 -0800, "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:

and to people moving to private
e-mail lists and web-based forums that have some control of
spam and other undesirable posting.

Also I think that there is a large part of the population that doesn't
have any idea as to what the newsgroups are about. Of course it's not
in the ISP's intrest to promote them either. I'm using Bellsouth/AT&T
these days and just finding the NNTP server name on their site was a
waste of time. Google was much faster at finding it than I was.

JD

John[_12_] February 23rd 08 05:33 PM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:44:53 -0500, "Ken Hart"
wrote:

Richard K. has been a great help and a fountain of knowledge for many people
here. IMHO, he is not thanked nearly enough! My life goal is meet him in
person some day and see the room (cavern?) where he keeps his reference
material.

Methinks he owns stock in the LA public library ;)

JD

No Name February 23rd 08 07:36 PM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

Long ago, I think someone said that Richard could use some special film and
someone here could send it to him as a Thank You for sharing his years of
priceless knowledge.

Richard, is there a film? If not, then what do you need?

Thanks again for being here for us.

____ February 23rd 08 08:46 PM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

wrote:

and to people moving to private
e-mail lists and web-based forums that have some control of
spam and other undesirable posting.

Also I think that there is a large part of the population that doesn't
have any idea as to what the newsgroups are about. Of course it's not
in the ISP's intrest to promote them either. I'm using Bellsouth/AT&T
these days and just finding the NNTP server name on their site was a
waste of time. Google was much faster at finding it than I was.

JD

I've been watching the NG "again", since Dec 2007 most certainly more
traffic. since a fall off for several years it would appear.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.

Richard Knoppow February 24th 08 12:12 AM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

"Ken Hart" wrote in message

"AAvK" wrote in message

Richard! So sorry for being so late, but it dawned on me
to thank you very much for
your great and terrific help and for the sharing of
knowledge, awesome kindness.

Thank you, very very much!

Richard K. has been a great help and a fountain of
knowledge for many people here. IMHO, he is not thanked
nearly enough! My life goal is meet him in person some day
and see the room (cavern?) where he keeps his reference
material.

I'm blushing!!!

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Charles Hohenstein February 24th 08 01:14 AM

Mr. Knoppow... or...

In article ,
"Richard Knoppow" wrote:

"Ken Hart" wrote in message

"AAvK" wrote in message

Richard! So sorry for being so late, but it dawned on me
to thank you very much for
your great and terrific help and for the sharing of
knowledge, awesome kindness.

Thank you, very very much!

Richard K. has been a great help and a fountain of
knowledge for many people here. IMHO, he is not thanked
nearly enough! My life goal is meet him in person some day
and see the room (cavern?) where he keeps his reference
material.

I'm blushing!!!

I agree. I just wish that you were active on APUG.

--
Charles Hohenstein (to reply, remove Gene Robinson)

"The sad huddle of affluent bedwetters, thumbsuckers,
treehuggers, social*climbers, homophiles, quavery ladies,
and chronic petition signers that*makes up the current
Episcopal Church . . ." -‹Thomas Lipscomb