PhotoBanter.com

-   Large Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How would you repair this? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=110092)

David Nebenzahl December 19th 09 07:00 PM

How would you repair this?

On 12/9/2009 3:06 PM Cheesehead spake thus:

My old Kodak 2-D back has split, so there is a serious problem
developing.
See a pic of the issue at
http://www.brendemuehl.net/images/k2d.jpg

So, progress report? Have you decided to try to tackle this yourself?

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

- harvested from Usenet

David Nebenzahl January 2nd 10 06:50 AM

How would you repair this?

On 1/1/2010 7:16 PM Cheesehead spake thus:

On Dec 19 2009, 2:00 pm, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 12/9/2009 3:06 PM Cheesehead spake thus:

My old Kodak 2-D back has split, so there is a serious problem
developing. See a pic of the issue at
http://www.brendemuehl.net/images/k2d.jpg

So, progress report? Have you decided to try to tackle this yourself?

I set it aside during the holidays.
I'm going to do the job in a couple of weeks.
I think the approach will be to take the corner down to a fitting
shape and then glue on a piece of hardwood,
perhaps with a screw or small dowel for added support.

Sounds like a plan.

Be really really careful to get both glue surfaces flat and level and it
should work fine. Use the sharpest chisel you can get your hands on.

Be sure to post back here with your results.

- a Usenet "apology"